Latest AP Weather Stories
Current Conditions - Darlington, SC
Full image* |
Updated: 3:29 PM EDT on October 05, 2015 at South Darlington, Darlington, South Carolina()
Personal Weather Stations
Statement as of 10:05 am EDT on October 5, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Black Creek at Quinby.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:00 am Monday the stage was 16.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 15.6 feet by tomorrow
* Impact... at 16.0 feet... floodwaters deepen on Creekside drive, east Black Creek
Road, and Crooked Creek drive. Flood waters spread onto cyprus Bend Road into
the Country Club of South Carolina.
Lat... Lon 3432 7979 3429 7973 3431 7967 3423 7963
3422 7975 3428 7984
Flood Watch / Flood Statement
Statement as of 3:25 PM EDT on October 5, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch is cancelled...
The Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast North Carolina
and northeast South Carolina has been cancelled. Although light
rain and drizzle will continue to fall well into the evening
hours... rainfall amounts will be light and not enough to trigger a
flash flood. However... rivers are now slowly on the rise due to
the recent historic rainfall event. People living near rivers or
those traveling locally should be alert to any river flood
warnings that have been issued by the National Weather Service.
Statement as of 8:28 am EDT on October 5, 2015
... Wind Advisory now in effect until midnight EDT tonight...
* winds... northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... until midnight.
* Impacts... strong and persistent winds in combination with
saturated ground have already brought down some trees and
branches on power lines... sparking fires and causing damage.
Significant damage to homes and vehicles and serious injury to
people and pets could occur.
Some power outages may occur. If outdoors... please be cognizant
of your surroundings.